Thursday, April 18, 2013

Project 150 x 45

Project summary: 
To weight 150 lbs by my 45th birthday.

I have been overweight most of my life, with ups and downs, as most of us fatties live our lives. I found low carb after reaching my highest weight of 225 in 2001. I have been able to lose around 50 lbs and maintain an stable weigh and good health since my low carb journey started.  
Had I not found low carb at that point in my life, I think by now I would be morbidly obese and very sick, as I was in the fast track, gaining about 10 lbs per year and plagued by allergies, migraine headaches, and working my way into diabetes.

Let me break the flow here to do a  shut out to Dr. Atkins and Gary Taubes, the men that gave me my health back. To  Jimmy Moore, for giving me the missing piece of the puzzle, with his latest nutritional ketosis experiment. Also,  Reddit/r/keto for inspiring me to stay on track with all the great success stories. 

I am healthy and comfortable at 175 lbs. If I did not lose one more pound, I would be at peace. I am not thin, heck, I am still obese by BMI. However, I am in good health and I can buy clothes at regular stores. I even get a decent amount of men attention. I actually though that I was not going to be able to drop any more weight. I have been at the same weight range for years now, and had accepted my fate. 

When Jimmy Moore stated writing about his n=1 nutritional ketosis experiment and reporting in his weight lost, I got excited and also dropped the amount of protein in my diet.  I was shocked about how fast my weight started going down. Even with my last diet style, that includes daily wine drinking and eating out at least once a week.  Now that I realize, if I control the carbs AND the protein, I can achieve weight  lost. 

This is doable. This is happening. After a life time of being "that fat woman" I could be normal weight. I could be attractive and buy the cute clothes that are not made for my current size.  

I am now, very focus in this project. In my dream of reaching the land of normal weight.  
To achieve this dream, I have decided on the following steps: 

1. Continue a diet that is very low carb,  moderate protein and portion controlled diet.
2. Intermittent Fasting,  for now in a free, when it happens manner. Maybe, I will add more structure in the future. 
3. Gym.  Yes boys and girls, I have officially signed up at the gym. Since I am hopping for a big change, rather quickly, I have added exercise to the mix. 

By the time I reach 45, I wont be normal weigh. I however can, be overweight instead of obese. I will crank up my efforts for the next 5 weeks to get my weight down as much as I can.  After that, I will probably step back and return to my easy  current pace of weigh loss. My target now, is 125 lbs. Dare I dream that? Yes, I do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment